Striving to examine the socio-economic challenges and to contribute to the reform processes in the socio-economic policy agendas, EMEA develops new scientific concepts, initiatives and projects promoting transparency, sustainability, inclusiveness, regional economic integration, and prosperity.
EMEA is coordinator and partner in several EU co-funded projects (EuropeAid, Horizon 2020, ENI CBC, Interreg MED). EMEA’s projects are mainly focused on economic development, sustainability and supporting entrepreneurship initiatives in the EU neighborhood and Africa.
Interreg MED Renewable Energy project is one of the 8 MED Capitalisation Horizontal Projects of the Interreg Med Programme, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund. The main objective of the project is to drive an effective capitalisation of ETU initiative ensuring Renewable Energy Community’s tools transferring and mainstreaming to local authorities.
EMEA coordinates the advocacy and policy mainstreaming actions will enhance knowledge transfer and synergies on climate change, energy transition, sustainability, and green economy.
INVESTMED project is a strategic project in the framework of ENI CBC MED Programme. The aim of this project is to boost sustainable entrepreneurship of women and youth in green and creative sectors targeted in three countries: Lebanon, Tunisia and Egypt. EMEA participates in mapping and capitalisation activities.
Other projects and research initiatives, please see description on EMEA website.
EMEA is coordinating the EU-Mediterranean and African Network for Economic Studies (https://emanes.org/) a network of research institutions and think tanks working on socio-economics policy in the Euro-Mediterranean and Africa. EMEA is also founding promoter of the Euro-Mediterranean Guarantee Network (https://emgn.eu/), a network of Credit Guarantee Schemes in the Euro-Mediterranean seeking to alleviating the region’s structural constraints for MSMEs to access finance.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Working closely with the EMEA President and project coordinator, the Researcher and will:
- Support EMEA research initiatives on sustainability and environment by collecting data and performing economic and policy analysis.
- Support the implementation of EU Projects such as:
- Interreg MED Renewable Energy supporting the preparation of reports and technical guidelines, data analysis for estimation of indicators.
- INVESTMED project, supporting the engagement platform and identification of target groups in green businesses.
- Support on the preparation of EU proposals for new calls.
- Support the research team to contribute to EMEA research agenda on sustainability and environment.
Work environment and supervision
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and multicultural team of researchers and project managers working on the development of new scientific concepts, initiatives and projects promoting transparency, sustainability, inclusiveness, regional economic integration and prosperity in the Mediterranean and Africa.
The EMEA Office is located at Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau (Barcelona), UNESCO World Heritage Site and Place of Cultural Interest, with easy access to public transportation.
The researcher will be supervised by EMEA President on the research work and by the Project Coordinator on projects related tasks. Weekly meetings will be held to assess the researcher progress and revise the work assignments.
Qualifications and competences required:
- Hold a PhD degree in a relevant field (Economics, Environment and Sustainability, Assessment processes and Data analysis)
- Be proficient in English (C1 level) and good knowledge of Spanish (B2 level)
- Willingness to learn and general interest in Euro-Mediterranean affairs and/or EU-Africa Partnership
- Team player, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, autonomy and sense of responsibility and independence
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Additional consideration will be given to any professional experience relevant to the function of the internship
- The successful candidate must hold a valid study and residence permit in Spain and be based in Barcelona
- Estimated duration of the contract: 2 years
- The compensation will be in accordance with the qualifications and the previous experience of the selected candidate.
Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau – Carrer Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 167, 08025, Barcelona
Questions/enquiries regarding the position can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and deadline:
Applications should include a one-page letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae in English. For the CV, please use the Europass template (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/). Both documents should be emailed to email@example.com with “Researcher– First Name and Last Name” in the subject line by noon 07 May 2022.