The EU-funded INVESTMED project is launching its training programme on Sustainable Business Management (SBM), aiming to positively impact start-ups and Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the green, blue and creative & cultural industries.
The objective of the training is to create a supportive environment for sustainable businesses in EGYPT, LEBANON and TUNISIA in order to increase the share of cross-border MSMEs/start-ups managed by youth and women.
Purpose of the training is:
- To build up the skills of sustainable managers
- To offer the opportunity for managers to create cross-border relations
- To offer the opportunity for managers to receive an individual coaching and mentoring
- To offer the opportunity for new business ideas to meet investors
- To offer the opportunity for startups and MSMEs to gain an additional score to receive subgrants under the INVESTMED project
The Sustainable Business Management (SBM) Training is completely held in English, but subtitles will be made available if required. The training is taught by a highly qualified faculty, which includes teaching and research staff from LUMSA University (Italy) and other top universities as well as Research Institutes and International Organizations.
Eligible start-ups and MSMEs entrepreneurs will be tutored to apply for a subgrant under the ENI CBC MED programme. Attendance to the SBM training programme will be scored positively in the assessment of applications for subgrants. Students and potential entrepreneurs are not eligible for subgrants.
The learning process has a practical orientation and takes the form of structured lectures backed up by practical applications through business case studies. The SBM training programme has a duration of 12 months and adopts a blended learning approach combining both synchronous and asynchronous teaching online.
Who can apply?
- Young graduates (24-35 years old).
- Potential entrepreneurs, start-ups and MSMEs’ staff in the green, blue and creative & cultural industry.
- People with digital ideas in the three industries are welcome
Women of all ages are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be based in one of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanon and Tunisia.
Important note: In the case of Egypt, only applicants based in Marsa Matruh, Al-Iskandanyah, Al Buhayrah, Kafr ash Shaykh, Ad Daqahliyah, Dumyat, Ash Sharquiyah, Al Isma’iliyah and Bur Sa’id are eligible.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter (max 500 words).
- CV in English indicating their suitability for this initiative and in particular highlighting relevant experience and interest in one sector.
For more information please download:
Call for trainees for the INVESTMED training in Sustainable Business Management in EGYPT, LEBANON and TUNISIA (PDF – ENG)
Call for trainees for the INVESTMED training in Sustainable Business Management in EGYPT, LEBANON and TUNISIA (PDF – FR)
Call for trainees for the INVESTMED training in Sustainable Business Management in EGYPT, LEBANON and TUNISIA (PDF – AR)
INVESTMED training roadmap example (PDF – ENG)
Applications should be submitted at: https://academy.ied.eu/course/sustainablebusinesstraining
Deadline to submit applications is 8 September 2021, 18:00 CET
For any further information you may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The INVESTMED project is co-funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020. INVESTMED will have an impact on MSMEs, start-ups and recently established enterprises where staff will be trained and coached to become more sustainable and competitive and financially supported via an open competition. INVESTMED has a duration of 30 months, with a total budget of 3.8 Million euro, of which 3.4 Million euro are funded by the European Union (90%).