The EU-funded INVESTMED project is offering grants to Business Support Organisations (BSOs) to fund the development, launch and implementation of an incubation and acceleration programme to enable selected entrepreneurs to take a step further to realizing their business goals.
The project aims to address economic and environmental challenges facing small businesses in the Mediterranean, in order to foster sustainable growth and economic development in three key sectors in the region:
- Green economy – in which the economic activities, infrastructures and assets of the sector enable the reduction of carbon emissions and pollution, improve energy and resource efficiency, and avoid the loss of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- Blue economy – related to oceans, seas, lakes, rivers and coasts to promote economic growth, social inclusion and the preservation or improvement of livelihoods, while avoiding environmental and ecosystem degradation.
- Creative and cultural industries – enterprises engaged in the production or reproduction, promotion, distribution or marketing of goods, services and activities with content derived from cultural, artistic or heritage origins.
Applications are now open for BSOs based in Egypt, Lebanon and Tunisia, to enable them to implement an incubation and acceleration programme to support at least 12 small businesses and business ventures.
Sub-grants of a maximum of €35,000 per BSO will be awarded, and will take the form of a reimbursement of costs.
For any further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before submitting your application, please consult the supporting documents for the relevant country below.
To apply, please send a completed application form together with the supporting documents by e-mail to email@example.com
- Deadline for requesting any clarifications from the project partners: 10 December 2021
- Deadline for submission of applications: 23 December 2021
In order to receive funding from INVESTMED, you must:
- Be a legal entity, non-profit making
- Be legally established at least 2 years prior to the application and with a proven track record in providing business coaching/incubation/acceleration services
- Act as a sole applicant and be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action and not acting as an intermediary
- Be based in one of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia
In the case of Egypt, only applicants based in Marsa Matruh, Al-Iskandanyah, Al Buhayrah, Kafr ash Shaykh, Ad Daqahliyah, Dumyat, Ash Sharquiyah, Al Isma’iliyah and Bur Sa’id are eligible.
In the case of Tunisia, only applicants based in Medenine, Gabes, Sfax, Mahdia, Monastir, Sousse, Nabeul, Ben Arous, Tunis, Ariana, Bizerte, Beja, Jandouba are eligible.
- Include a co-financing of 10% of the cost of the action in your budget proposal