- This event has passed.
The effects of climate change are becoming more severe year by year, increasing the vulnerability of the Mediterranean region in terms of health, ecological biodiversity, security of resource supply and the economy. Amid the current uncertainty, there is a clear need to accelerate the implementation of climate change adaptation solutions that are effective in the short term and resilient in the long term. It is therefore necessary to formulate systemic solutions that can overcome the disciplinary barriers that often immobilise action.
EMEA will hold a workshop in it office in Barcelona, on Thursday 3rd November 2022, 9:30am – 5:45pm CET, to explore potential synergies focused on policy-oriented and transformative targeted actions. The workshop will gather representatives of relevant and well-known initiatives and research organisations in the Mediterranean, and also representatives from clusters in Spain and Europe, to discuss together about potential joint actions linking blue and green economy and the implementation of WFE (food-energy-water) NEXUS approach.
- François Guerquin, PlanBleu (online)
- Michele Bozzano, European Forest Institute for the Mediterranean
- Enrique Villamore, Medwaves
- Rosa Surinach, UN Habitat
- Nathalie Hilmi, Centre Scientifique de Monaco (online)
- Ali Rhouma, Senior Project Officer at PRIMA Foundation
- Cluster ZINNAE, Marisa Fernandez
- Solartys Solar Energy Cluster, Clara Santamaria
- BETA Center – Albert Palou
- Oxford Sustainable Development – Bigdata Institute, Emanuele Ricci (online)
The event is organised by EMEA under the framework of Interreg Med Renewable Energy project