- This event has passed.
The ninth seminar in the 12-month INVESTMED training programme will take place on Friday 9 September, at 10:00 CET. The seminar is co-organised by the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and LUMSA University, project partners of the EU-funded INVESTMED project.
The seminar is dedicated to the blue economy and talk about the opportunities that this sector offers for entrepreneurship and the creation of new business models. To this end, we will have the participation of experts who will explain the experience from research, the promotion of entrepreneurship in key subsectors such as energy and the bioeconomy.
One of the challenges facing the Mediterranean region is the incorporation of sustainability criteria in business models linked to the so-called blue economy. Together with the green economy, the sector seeks to determine the sector related to the maritime environment of which fishing, transport of people and goods by sea, the production of blue energy among others stand out. The promotion of this productive sector must guarantee the preservation of biodiversity, avoiding the impact of these activities on the marine environment.
The INVESTMED webinars form part of the project’s Sustainable Business Management Programme, which is open to current and prospective entrepreneurs from Egypt, Tunisia and Lebanon working in the green economy, blue economy, and cultural and creative sectors. The seminars aim to complement the training content by bringing together experts in these fields from around the Euro-Mediterranean region.
The INVESTMED project is co-funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020. INVESTMED has a duration of 30 months, with a total budget of 3.8 million euros, of which 3.4 million euros are funded by the European Union (90%). It involves 9 partners from Tunisia, Spain, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, and Italy:
· Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, BUSINESSMED (TU)
· Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association, EMEA (ES)
· European Institute of the Mediterranean, IEMed (ES)
· Beyond Group / Irada Group S.A.L, BRD (LE)
· Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, IED (GR)
· Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta, LUMSA (IT)
· Rumundu Social Promotion Association, RUMUNDU (IT)
· Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations, CEEBA (EG)
· Spanish Chamber of Commerce, CCE (ES)