- This event has passed.
As part of a series on Access to Finance for MSMEs and entrepreneurs in the Southern Mediterranean, EMEA is holding its third workshop, this time on Credit Guarantee Schemes. This workshop will take place on Thursday 21st September June, 14:00 CET and will be held between experts on cregit guarantees in the region, and the INVESTMED beneficiaries.
Credit guarantee schemes have emerged as a key tool utilised by governments and development institutions to overcome challenges faced by MSMEs in accessing credit including; high cost, limited supply, and collateral requirements. Thus, making MSME financing more available and affordable. Little is known about their existence among MSMEs in the region. This workshop aims to introduce credit guarantee schemes to the INVESTMED beneficiaries and give some insight into how to make the best use of this resource in Egypt, Lebanon, and Tunisia.
The workshop will be moderated by Jost Wagner, Certified Facilitator with the following speakers:
- Dr. Mais Sha’ban, Assistant Professor of Banking and Finance at Al-Zaytoonah University of Jordan and Research Fellow, Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association
- Tahar Ben Hatira, Managing Director, Sotugar
- Nagla Bahr, Managing Director, Credit Credit Guarantee Company, Egypt
The INVESTMED project is co-funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020. INVESTMED has a duration of 39 months, ending on 15 December 2023, with a total budget of 3.6 Million euros, of which 3.4 Million euros are funded by the European Union (90%). It involves 8 partners from Tunisia, Spain, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, and Italy:
- Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, BUSINESSMED (TU)
- Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association, EMEA (ES)
- European Institute of the Mediterranean, IEMed (ES)
- Beyond Group / Irada Group S.A.L, BRD (LE)
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, IED (GR)
- Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta, LUMSA (IT)
- Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations, CEEBA (EG)
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce, CCE (ES)