- This event has passed.
The key theme of this webinar is how do we move forward and capture the benefits of globalization without its negative corollaries, while considering the uncertain consequences of COVID-19 on trade and the movement of people and capital. How can globalization be reformed to be more equitable across regions and countries, and among groups of citizens within a country, as well as be more sustainable for the planet?
Special attention will be given to :
- People movements, especially migration, but also business/student/leisure travel.
- Trade in goods and services – questions of second sourcing, self-sufficiency, strategic industries, regionalization, etc.
- Capital flows – Touching on financial markets, remittances, contagion effects, etc.
Webinar moderator: The Rt Hon Lord Jack McConnell
- Professor Rym Ayadi, President and Founder, Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association
- Dr. Yasuyuki Sawada, Chief Economist, Asian Development Bank
- Mr. Erol Yayboke, Deputy Director, Project on Prosperity and Development, Center for Strategic and International Studies
The webinar is co-organised by the Victoria Forum, the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada, and will take place on Thursday 03 September at 1600 GMT on Zoom.