- This event has passed.
Sustainable development demands brain health; however, brain health is seldom included in existing goals. In the development of a post-SDG agenda, brain capital, although a recent concept, it is already well-equipped to provide the underpinning to tackle challenges presented by the contemporary industrial revolution, such as artificial intelligence and climate change. In this panel session, the speakers will demonstrate how brain capital can be extended and applied to the post-SDG agenda in a way that encompasses the complete set of an individual’s mental and emotional abilities, which includes their cognitive skills, capacity for learning, emotional and social intelligence, and their ability to cope with stress. As such, the panel will demonstrate that brain capital is well-placed to serve as a key pillar for the post-SDG agenda, given how much the latter needs to be about systemic change.
Moderator: Prof. Rym Ayadi, EMEA President and Founder
- Dr. Harris Eyre, MD PhD, Baker Institute, EMEA Advisor
- Gareth Presch, CEO, World Health Innovation Summit
- Nathalie Hilmi, Section Head of Environmental Economics, Centre Scientifique de Monaco, EMEA Advisor
- Dennis Pamlin, Executive Director, The Net-Zero Compatibility Initiative, Mission Innovation
- Grammenos Mastrojeni – Senior Deputy Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean
Date: 3rd December, 16:00-17:00 GST/13:00-14:00 CET
Venue: COP28, Dubai – UAE, Mediterranean Coalition Office
Organiser: Co-organised by EMEA and the Brain Capital Alliance