- This event has passed.
In order to support MSMEs and entrepreneurs in the Southern Mediterranean, EMEA is organising the first of a series of four workshops on Access to Finance. The first workshop, Crowdfunding as a Source of Finance, will take place on Thursday 10th May 2023, 14:00 CET and will be held between crowdfunding platforms and experts, and the INVESTMED beneficiaries.
Crowdfunding is increasingly recognised as a source of finance for MSMEs and startups and can be successful regardless of location. MSMEs in the Southern Mediterranean are able to take advantage of this flexibility and raise funds from mass sources. This session aims to present crowdfunding as an avenue for accessing finance for MSMEs. It will demonstrate the basic idea of crowdfunding and then dive deeper into the best practices for MSMEs in the CCI, blue, and green economic sectors. The session invites three experts from these sectors who will give practical guidance to launching a successful crowdfunding campaign, using their platforms as examples. The technical requirements for launching a crowdfunding campaign will also be discussed.
The INVESTMED project is co-funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020. INVESTMED has a duration of 39 months, ending on 15 December 2023, with a total budget of 3.6 Million euros, of which 3.4 Million euros are funded by the European Union (90%). It involves 8 partners from Tunisia, Spain, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, and Italy:
- Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, BUSINESSMED (TU)
- Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association, EMEA (ES)
- European Institute of the Mediterranean, IEMed (ES)
- Beyond Group / Irada Group S.A.L, BRD (LE)
- Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, IED (GR)
- Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta, LUMSA (IT)
- Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations, CEEBA (EG)
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce, CCE (ES)