- This event has passed.
There has been a growing recognition among investors, consumers, and policymakers about the impact of business activities on the environment and society. This has led to increased demand for Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) -focused investments and greater transparency in corporate reporting on ESG metrics. However, lack of standardization and reporting makes it difficult to compare and evaluate the ESG performance of companies accurately.
This event will take stock of government progress on standardisation and disclosure requirements, whilst raising awareness about the significance of considering ESG factors in decision-making processes. It will also explore the hurdles faced by companies and investors when incorporating ESG considerations, discuss emerging policy frameworks and regulatory developments in the ESG space, and outline strategies to enhance transparency, comparability, and reliability of ESG data and reporting.
Moderator: Yeganeh Forouheshfar, Senior Researcher, EMEA
- Giovanni Ferri Professor of Economics, LUMSA University
- Alex Struc Founder and CEO, GOALSFIRST
- Véronique Ormezzano Founder and Chairperson, VYGE Consulting
- Kwame Sarpong Barnieh Partner, KPMG Ghana, EMEA Executive Board Member
- Andrea Abbate ESG and Impact Specialist, Banca Etica
- Nisaa Jetha – Founder & CEO, Impact-for- SDGs
Date: 8th December, 15:00-16:30 GST/12:00-13:30 CET
Venue: COP28, Dubai – UAE, Mediterranean Coalition Office