The webinar presented the findings of the new Study “Education and Training Policies in Response to COVID-19: Preparing for the Recovery – A Focus on Arab Mediterranean Countries” and discussed the latest policy developments in the field of education and labour markets taken by the countries in Mediterranean towards a sustainable recovery path. The study is prepared in the context of a project funded by the ETF – European Training Foundation.
Closing the webinar, the President of EMEA, Prof. Rym Ayadi highlighted:
“Unprepared education and training sectors in the Mediterranean have largely suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic. Recovery plans must be built on private public partnerships to raise financing for developing the appropriate education and training infrastructure (physical and digital) and new business models to navigate the upcoming challenges”
Moderator: Cristina Giner, Correspondent, Euronews, Spain
- Prof. Rym Ayadi, President, Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and Professor at the Business School, City University of London
- Abdelaziz Jaouani, Senior Human Capital Deveopment Expert, European Training Foundation (ETF)
- Mohammed Elrazzaz, Senior Expert, Union for the Mediterranean
- Mohamed El-Shinawi, M.D. FACS, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Egypt
- Najib Hamouti, Head Career Center ESITH, Morocco
The webinar was organised by the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and took place on Thursday may 06, 11:00 -12:45 CET on Zoom.