The focus of the webinar was debt transparency and infrastructure development and financing mechanisms for COVID-19 recovery in Africa. The discussion was Africa specific and tackled issues such as new financing mechanisms to fund resilient development, debt relief measures focusing on the Common Framework, the role of the international organisations (e.g. IMF and the EU), the private sector and the potential path towards debt sustainability via transparency and conditionality.
Closing the webinar, the President of EMEA, Prof. Rym Ayadi, highlighted that “debt transparency is cornerstone to effective monitoring of use of funds and standardisation”.
Moderator: Alonso Soto, Correspondent Nigeria, Bloomberg
- Prof. Rym Ayadi, President, Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and Professor The Bayes Business School (Former CASS), London
- Daniel Munevar, Senior Policy & Advocacy Officer on Debt, Eurodad
- Nella Sri Hendriyetty, Senior CBT Economist, ADB
- Deborah Zandstra, Partner, Clifford Chance
- Fred Binka, Founding Partner, TIA Capital
- Moritz Kraemer, Chief Economist, CountryRisk.io
The webinar was co-organised by TIA Capital and EMEA and took place on Tuesday 22 June at 15:00 CET on Zoom.