On Thursday 18th May, EMEA organised a webinar to launch the report, “Good Food is Vital for Brain Health So We Must Change the Food Industry” published by the Baker Institute of Public Policy at Rice University. This event brought together a group of multidisciplinary experts to present the main conclusions of the study and novel policy solutions from the fields of neuroscience, public health, nutritional psychiatry, economics, and public policy. Partners of the event included the Brain Capital Alliance, the Food and Mood Center at Deakin University, the Baker Institute of Public Policy at Rice University, and the OECD Neuroscience Inspired Policy Initiative.
The webinar brought together world experts on the topic:
- Dr. Harris Eyre, MD PhD, Fellow in Brain Health at Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy and Senior Fellow for Brain Capital with the Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute
- Prof. Felice Jacka, OAM, Co-Director of the Food & Mood Center at Deakin University
- Prof. Suzanne L Dickson, President of the European Brain Council, Secretary of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology, Professor of Physiology/Neuroendocrinology at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
With the following discussants:
- Prof. Michael Berk MD PhD, Director of IMPACT, the Institute for Mental Health and Physical Health and Clinical Translation at Deakin University
- Prof. Mohamed Salama, Associate Professor, Institute of Global Health and Human Ecology, the American University in Cairo, Egypt and Senior Atlantic Fellow at the Global Brain Health Institute
- William Hynes, Co-ordinator of New Approaches to Economic Challenges, Office of the Chief Economist, OECD
The session was moderated by Prof. Rym Ayadi, President and Founder of EMEA. The webinar is available to view at the EMEA YouTube channel.