EMEA webinar report: COVID 19 Pandemic, War and Stagflation: How can countries in the Mediterranean and Africa respond?
The webinar discussed the current state of affairs amidst the war in Ukraine and the subsequent setback to global economic recovery, with a focus on the Mediterranean and African countries. What can these countries do to limit the risk of imminent energy and food crises, and what can international partners such as the EU, the IMF and others do to help?
Moderator(s): Prof. Rym Ayadi, President, Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and Professor The Bayes Business School (Former CASS)
- Dr. Cinzia Alcidi, Director or Research, Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) and Member of the Executive Board of EMEA
- Prof. Moez Labidi, Professor At the Faculty of Economic and Management of Mehdia, Tunisia and Member of Associate Committee of the EU Mediterranean and African Network for Economic Studies (EMANES)
- Nagla Bahr, Managing Director of CGC Egypt and Chairwomen of Euro-Mediterranean Guarantee Network (EMGN)
- Kwame Barnieh, Partner KPMG Ghana and Member of EMEA Expert Panel
The webinar was organised by EMEA in collaboration with the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), and took place on Thursday 28 April 2022.
- EMEA webinar report: COVID 19 Pandemic, War and Stagflation: How can countries in the Mediterranean and Africa respond?