The focus of the webinar was to discuss the role of debt transparency in reforming the international debt architecture. The discussion was Africa specific and tackled issues such as sovereign defaults and debt relief measures, the role of the international organisations (e.g. IMF and the EU), the private sector and the potential path towards debt sustainability via transparency and conditionality.
Closing the webinar, the President of EMEA, Prof. Rym Ayadi highlighted that “Debt transparency is the cornerstone of reforming international architecture. A global registry is the first step in the right direction”.
Moderator: Alonso Soto, Correspondent Nigeria, Bloomberg
- Prof. Rym Ayadi, President, Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and Professor The Business School (Former CASS), London
- Sonja Gibbs, International Institute of Finance
- Thomas Wyatt Laryea, Orrick Law Firm
- Funsho Allu, TIA Capital
- Moritz Kraemer, Chief Economic Advisor, Acreditus
- Kwame Sarpong Barnieh, Partner KPMG Ghana
The webinar was co-organised by TIA Capital and EMEA and took place on Thursday 22 October at 15:00 CET on Zoom